Become a Member
The Cotswold Canals Trust is a Registered Charity and its aims are:
- To promote, for the benefit of the community, the reopening of the Cotswold Canals
- To promote the restoration of the two waterways to give a balance between the needs of navigation, development, recreation, heritage, landscape conservation, wildlife and natural habitats
- To promote, for the use of all, the towpaths as The Thames & Severn Way – long distance foot path
- To achieve restoration of the Cotswold Canals as a navigable route from Saul Junction to the River Thames
Why Trust Membership is important
The Cotswold Canals Trust has the highest membership of any Canal Restoration group in the U.K. This is of immense value to the Trust and its aims. Funding agencies and corporate sponsors always ask an important question… “What support do you have?”
So, not only do annual membership fees provide the Trust with a vital & valuable income stream, each individual’s membership plays an important part in securing funding and project sponsorship.
How to Become a Member
You may join the Trust by completing and posting a membership form. Whilst we accept payment by cash or cheque, it makes administration easier for our volunteers if you pay your annual membership fee by signing the bankers order. Please put a date for the first payment a month away from the date you complete it. This helps the bank’s administrators catch up with ours!
Complete the form in full not forgetting the Gift Aid Declaration in the middle of the form and the standing order at the foot.
You will find a Membership Form to download here: Membership application form
Alternatively… Click here to pay for your membership online You may also buy a Gift Membership for a friend or relative.
‘Membership’ does not mean ‘Volunteering’
If you are a busy person why not join first and find out what we do? When you have more time you might enjoy getting muddy or perhaps selling books and memberships to visitors!
New Members Information Pack
If you join at the Visitor Centres at Wallbridge Lock or Saul Junction or at the Lechlade Trip Boat operation, you will be offered a New Members Information Pack.
The principal gift is ‘An Introduction to the Cotswold Canals’.
This excelent guide is accompanied by the Trust’s current quarterly magazine The Trow, a CCT window sticker, pin badge and pen.
- Adult £10
- Family £15
- Corporate £25 Minimum
- Life Member £250
- Joint Life £350
- Senior Citizen Life Member £150
- Senior Joint Life £250
Adult, Family, & Corporate Memberships are renewable annually.
As a member you will
- Receive a copy of the award-winning quarterly magazine The Trow
- Receive regular news updates on volunteer and other activities via our electronic newsletter ENews