Stroud Raft & Duck Race — Sunday August 27th 2017
Raising funds for the Cotswold Canals Trust and The Door Youth Project
Stroud Raft Race returns… with a few surprises!
This year the raft race will be held as part of the Stroud Fringe Festival, adding a waterways dimension to this unique and popular event.
The organisers have plotted to include some extra challenges… The clue is in the title… Ducks will be involved!
The raft race was resurrected in 2016, by Luciano and Sarah Magalotti, to continue a tradition begun in 1985 for having fun on the Thames & Severn Canal.
Each year sees more restoration milestones completed by volunteer groups from the Cotswold Canals Trust, Stroud District Council and the Waterways Recovery Group. All the more reason then to celebrate the opening of the waterway and its towpath to the Five Valleys and beyond.
- Set to work on designing your raft
- Get your entries in for more fun on the water
- Be part of the Stroud Fringe Festival while raising funds for the Cotswold Canals Trust and The Door Youth Project
- Business Sponsorship opportunities are available. Gain some high profile publicity for your organisation by supporting the event
- There will be trophies!
- Bring lots of friends to cheer you on
- This is a free event for spectators
- The first race starts from Wallbridge Upper Lock at 11:00am