The Three Hundred Club
Good news for Trust members who ‘fancy a flutter’ or ‘love a lottery’
The Three Hundred Club is a lottery held every January, April, July & October.
For an annual stake of just £15 Trust members have the opportunity to win a first prize of about £700.00* four times a year!
The spring 2018 Three Hundred Club Club draw was made at the Bond’s Mill Gatehouse Visitor Centre in Stonehouse
The draw was made by Trust members Mark & Morriss White of Stonehouse
The father & son team are Canal Lengthsmen from the Ocean in Stonehouse to Upper Mills Bridge
The team care for the Visitor Centre as well as the canal & towpath on behalf of Stroud Valleys Canal Company
The total prize fund was £1,200.00
First prize — £720.00 was won by B. A. Fletcher of Stroud
Second prize — £360.00 was won by M Jarrett of Stroud
Third prize — £120.00 was won by A. Fielder of London
(On being informed of his win Mr Fielder immediately donated the sum back to the Cotswold Canals Trust)
How to join the Three Hundred Club
If this opportunity of helping the Trust appeals to you, whilst enjoying the thrill of perhaps winning cash every quarter, then, all you need to do is complete and submit an application form. Membership of The Three Hundred Club is open only to Cotswold Canals Trust members over the age of 18 years.
Paying your Subscription
Annual subscription is £15 per stake and you may hold up to 4 stakes. You can pay by cheque but choosing the Standing Order payment method is convenient for you and the Trust.
This method reduces administration costs and the chance of you missing the Club membership payment date!
Please insert a Standing Order payment date of at least a month after you submit your application. This will give the Trust and your Bank time to process the instruction. All payments must be made in advance of the draw.
Prizes are a fixed proportion of the number of stakes held by members. The greater the number of members & stakes… the larger the prizes!
* Based on 700 stakes, the scale of prizes will mean a first prize of £700 every January, April, July & October!
The 2nd & 3rd prizes will be £350 and £116 respectively.
The prizes, the winners’ surname, and hometown are published on the Latest News page after every draw and also in The Trow.
Three Hundred Club Rules
- The name of the Club is The Three Hundred Club
- The object of the Club is to raise funds for the Cotswold Canals Trust
- Membership of The Three Hundred Club is restricted to Cotswold Canal Trust members over the age of 18 years
- A Three Hundred Club Member may hold up to four separate stakes at the rate of fifteen pounds per stake per annum
- Members are allocated one chance per stake in each Quarterly Draw
- Prizes are drawn quarterly in January, April, July & October
- The scale of prizes is based on the number of stakes held, 1st prize £700, 2nd prize £350 and 3rd prize of £116
- To qualify for entry in a Quarterly Draw a member’s annual stake payment/s must be made in advance of that draw
- Winners are notified by post. A list of winners also appears in each edition of the Trust’s quarterly magazine The Trow
- The Three Hundred Club is administered and controlled by the Council of the Cotswold Canals Trust whose decisions are binding and final on all questions relating to its operation
Some final words from the Three Hundred Club Manager
“Remember, the more members we have – the greater the prize money!
The Three Hundred Club is run by volunteers and we appreciate your support.
Whichever way you choose to support the restoration we thank you in full expectation
that future generations will also be justly grateful for your commitment.”
All enquiries regarding Three Hundred Club should be made to email@example.com