Health & Safety Director/Trustee — Volunteer vacancy
The Cotswold Canals Trust (CCT) is dedicated to restoring the waterway link between the Severn and the Thames.
A large team of volunteers are actively undertaking restoration and construction work throughout the 36 mile length of the waterway.
Such activity is of course subject to the scrutiny, legal requirements and guidance of current Health & Safety legislation.
H&S Director retires
Unfortunately, due to ill health, CCT’s Health & Safety Director/Trustee has recently had to retire from his role.
Consequently, we are looking for someone with time to spare and Health & Safety experience to share, as a volunteer, to fill this important role.
We are a volunteer team, some of whom are also Trustee Directors and who take on various key roles for the Trust.
CCT Health & Safety Director
Brief Definition of Role
CCT Health & Safety Director (Volunteer role)
CCT Trust Council
- Co-ordinate H&S policies and guidance notes
- Advice and updates on relevant legislation
- Co-ordinate and arrange the required H&S inductions, training and certification
- H&S auditing
- Reporting, and making recommendations, to Trust Council
- Provide support to site management on incident investigation
- Set a personal example of safe behaviour
Or call CCT Head Office on 01453 752 568
Pat will be happy to discuss this further with you