Leaving a Legacy
The restoration of the Cotswold Canals is one of the most exciting canal restoration projects ever undertaken.
The Trust has an on-going need to raise funds to finance a range of projects managed and carried out by its volunteers.
Leaving a legacy will cost you nothing today but it will ensure that the Trust can continue the restoration for the benefit of generations to come.
Making or changing a Will is an opportunity to give a significant gift to a worthwhile and lasting cause.
This page is a response to requests to allow such well-wishers to convert their goodwill into tangible financial benefits whilst giving those benefactors the satisfaction of helping to secure the Cotswold Canals for the future.
As a registered charity voluntary gifts and legacies from its supporters are a vital element in assisting the Trust in its aims. Every legacy of whatever value is a worthwhile gift.
What your Legacy could achieve
Every legacy makes a real difference to what can be achieved.
- £750 will provide a commemorative canalside bench
- £2,000 will enable the purchase of a pump, dumper or barrow hoist for use on restoration and maintenance projects along the canal
- £10,000 will fund the cost of a feasibility or environmental study carried out as a vital precursor to starting any physical activity of restoration
- £150,000 can help to convert a mile of derelict canal into a living waterway that will sustain wildlife for years to come
- £400,000 can enable the restoration of an historic waterway structure such as a lock or bridge