Cotswold Canals Trust Visitor Centre & Canal Shop
The Canal Towpath, Church Lane, Saul, GL2 7LA
Open on Saturdays & Sundays throughout the year
And at any other time that the green flag is flying!
Telephone 07854 026 504
Access & Facilities
- Visitor Centre for advice, guidance and information on local attractions
- Shop for books, maps, gifts & ice creams
- Wheelchair access
- Across Counter Hearing Loop
- Disabled toilets
- Disabled parking
- Picnic tables
- Bicycle security rails
- Boat pump-out
Core Opening Hours
Saturday 12:30pm – 5pm
Sunday 10:00am – 5pm
Saturday & Sunday 12:30 – 4pm
The Visitor Centre is also the operational base for Endeavour, one of the Trust’s Trip Boats.
As well as public trips on summer Sundays, Endeavour provides Private Party Charters from Monday to Saturday inclusive.
- From M5 Junction 13 follow the signs for Gloucester & Bristol
- Turn right at the A38 roundabout following the signs for Gloucester – Ascend the hill, passing the garden centre on the nearside
- Turn left at Whitminster crossroads into School Lane
- Continue for two miles, over the Stroudwater Navigation and then turn right into Church Lane, signposted Saul Junction
- Continue to Sandfield Bridge across the Gloucester- Sharpness Canal
- Turn right immediately AFTER the bridge
The Centre is operated by a dedicated team of over 30 volunteers and provides details of local activities & events for tourists as well as selling books, maps, guides & refreshments.
Would you like to be involved?
If you would like further information just pop by any weekend or leave a message on the centre’s telephone 07854 026 504.