Volunteer Administrator Sought
Reg Gregory, Cotswold Canals Trust Western Depot Manager, requires Administration Support to maintain the development and efficient running of the
Western Maintenance Depot & Administration Office at Eastington.
The role will include the design and implementation of systems to record:
- Volunteer’s names, contact details, next of kin, skill codes and hours worked
- Receipt of requests from Canal Asset Managers for repairs and maintenance
- Receipt of requests from canal volunteers for materials, plant & equipment
- Processing authorised orders for materials, plant & equipment from suppliers
- Allocation and recovery and security of tools, materials & equipment
- Arrangements for timely delivery of plant & equipment to the site
- Ensuring timely recovery and return of hired plant & equipment
- Monthly reconciliation of expenditure
Location, hours & days
The Volunteer Administrator’s duties will be carried out at the Western Depot Admin Office, Eastington, between 9 am & 4 pm, on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Basic computer skills would be an advantage
An interest in, and knowledge of, the route of the waterways between Saul Junction and Brimscombe would also be useful
Whilst this is an unpaid voluntary role, car parking is free, as are the copious quantities of tea/coffee and biscuits!
Other benefits include the enjoyment to be had when working with a dedicated & committed group of volunteers in the restoration of the Cotswold Canals.
Western Depot volunteers take a pride in the jobs they do and they certainly get that job done.
Come along and join in. If you know someone who volunteers with us why not ask them what they do, what they enjoy and why?
To find out more, drop in on either a Monday or Wednesday or call Western Depot Manager, Reg Gregory on 07582 234 765